“Hi sister, nice to see you. NOW HAND OVER THE DAMN BABY!”
1. You can’t contain your excitement at hearing your brand-new relative has entered the world.
There’s a brand-new human in the world – AND WE’RE RELATED!!!!
2. You immediately start referring to yourself as “Aunt Taylor”, or “Uncle Alex”. Even when you’re not around the kid.
Uhh, it’s AUNT Ellen actually.
3. Your lockscreen is now permanently occupied by pictures of them.
4. And you show the hundreds of baby pictures on your phone to literally anybody you come across.
5. You see pictures of other babies and secretly think to yourself, “My niece/nephew is so much cuter than that.”
No baby is cuter than my baby, thankyouverymuch.
6. People actually start to think the baby you always talk about might be yours, because you’re so obsessed.
7. As soon as you see the baby, you’re like, “Can I hold them? Like, right now? PLEASE?”
Hi, sister, nice to see you. NOW HAND OVER THE DAMN BABY!