You are obsolete. I bet they’ll never know the agony of doing a research project with only books and encyclopedias for reference.
This month, kids all over the country started their first year of high school. These kids, the class of 2020, were by and large born in 2002, so it’s safe to assume that their high school experience will be different than yours. Here’s how…
1. First off, there’s this:
“2016 marks the first year high school freshmen will learn about 9/11 as a historical event they were not alive for.”
2. Then there’s the fact that they were born the same year as Eminem’s “Lose Yourself,” Avril Lavigne’s “Complicated,” and Nelly’s “Hot In Herre.”
And the same year as this CLASSIC:
3. They were born the same year as the first Spiderman movie:
And the same year as all these movies:
New Line Cinema, Fox, Buena Vista
4. The same year Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears broke up.
5. The same year the second Harry Potter movie came out.
Dave Benett / Getty Images
6. They live in a world where an iPod is a legit artifact…
7. …N64s are complete history…