We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
1. To start, clean every area from top to bottom so you don’t have to re-clean what you’ve already done.
For example, dust trimming, light fixtures, and furniture before vacuuming or sweeping to cut down on work.
This extendable (over 5 feet!) duster will get the job done in no time flat. It can rotate and bend at multiple angles, and it even has a microfiber head you can toss in the wash and reuse. Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
2. Learn exactly what products and potions remove the worst stains, so when your happy hour turns sad (i.e. when you spill red wine all over your favorite blouse), you know exactly what to do.
3. ~Keep~ your baseboards dust free by rubbing a dryer sheet along them.
It’ll repel dust for a surprisingly long time!
Check out the tip here.
4. Wipe away food and grease that’s stuck on your microwave with ease — just heat up a 1/2 cup of water and some lemon juice for three minutes.
It’ll come right off! No elbow grease required. Check out the video here.
Or just use a steamy little lady to power off stuck-on food to wipe off with ease. Get it from Amazon for $7.
5. Get the weird gunk out of window and shower tracks (or any weird little crannies) with a handy little brush with a twisty handle to really get into hard-to-reach areas.
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
Promising review: “Love how this works on shower door tracks. It’s flexible enough and the bristles long enough to get into the corners to remove soap buildup or mold.” —Eloise
6. Remove every single pet hair from your couch, carpet, and more by running this squeegee (promisingly called the “Pet Hair Magnet”) over everything you own.
Promising review: “I am normally the worst kind of buyer. I always buy stuff but I never leave a review; this time I had to. Long story short, I bought a work car from an auction and apparently the people who owned the car let their pet live in it. There was so much hair in the car I thought the carpet was black and white. I tried every trick I could find and countless hours trying to get it out. I got this product 30 minutes ago and I can honestly say about 75% of the hair is gone. The only reason I stopped is because it’s getting dark and I could no longer see what I was doing. Buy this thing!” —Jeffery Singleton