I remember most of these. Some were a little before my time. (Born in 1987). Ah nostalgia.
With the exception of the pencil vending machine (the whaaaa?!), this is as accurate a list as you’ve ever seen.
You’ll beat The Oregon Trail one day!
1. Starting your day with one of these nutritious breakfasts before heading out to school:
2. Keeping your homework and papers organized in your awesome (and essential) Trapper Keeper:
Well, until the rings broke. =(
3. Sitting in one of these not-so-comfortable classics:
4. Being handed a freshly pressed assignment by your teacher from the Ditto machine:
And immediately getting ink on your fingers.
5. Getting the perfect sharpened pencil from this:
And distracting the entire class with the noise it made in the process.
6. Classrooms and the library decorated with cool-ass “Read” posters:
7. Carrying your lunch in your metal lunchbox — that of course had your favorite cartoon characters on it:
8. The weird taste any drink had when you drank it out of your lunchbox thermos:
It was usually warm juice with a hint of plastic and the slight smell of a baby’s bottle.
9. Eating your vanilla ice cream with a wooden spoon:
10. Signing your DARE pledge to NEVER do drugs:
You really just did it for the T-shirt.