All of a sudden her toddler started developing a worrisome rash on her legs. But mom Misty Lyn had no idea what caused it.
Horrified that her toddler Harper might have touched something poisonous like hogweed, she asked her husband to go through the girl’s morning so they could figure out the cause of the rash.
A major red flag popped up when Misty’s husband told her that Harper had tried the popular cereal Apple Jacks for the first time.
When Misty did some online research on Apple Jacks, she was shocked to learn the truth about the popular cereal.
“Had to take Harper to the doctors today. Had no clue what gave her this rash until Steve told me that she had Applejacks cereal for the first time this morning. Poor girl! Did more research on it and this is what I found…Apple Jacks has the most popular food dyes known to cause behavioral problems in children; yellow 6, blue 1, red 40 and BHT,” the mom wrote in a now viral Facebook post.
After seeing what the sugary cereal did to her daughter, she wants to warn mothers everywhere not to buy the food anymore.
“These food dyes are now illegal in Europe, but perfectly acceptable in America. BHT is a common stabilizer in pesticides, gasoline, lubricants, and soaps, but are also found in Apple Jacks. Yellow 6 has been linked to tumors in lab mice and red 40 has been known to cause severe allergic reactions,” she continued.
If you think Misty has a point and people should know the truth about food dyes, SHARE this story on Facebook today!
“Please share with every parent you know. If we don’t get the word out about these dangerous food dyes, who will?” she concluded.