We love to share the latest DIY remedies and cleaning solutions. From baking soda to hydrogen peroxide, the items you have around your house can be used in all kinds of new and surprising ways. Sometimes, though, it’s the items we find at the store that surprise us the most. There’s one store-bought cleaning product that we’ve been in love with lately. After all, with a name like “magic,” you know it has to be good.
Magic Erasers are cleaning products made up of melamine foam. They’re extremely effective when it comes to removing stains and smudges thanks to their fine, porous surface. Think of them as a cross between a sponge and sandpaper. Tough enough for the hardest jobs yet gentle enough that they won’t scratch anything. Many people don’t realize how many uses there are for this “magic” piece of cleaning equipment. Check out the images below to learn 19 unexpected ways you can use Magic Erasers around your house. (P.S. – The generic brand works just fine.)
If you’ve ever taken a stroll down the cleaning aisle, you probably recognize one of these.
Magic Erasers can be used to tackle a wide range of tasks that you might not expect.
1. Revitalize your sneakers. A Magic Eraser with a little bit of water on it goes a long way when it comes to making scuffed up soles look brand new again.
2. Speaking of scuffs, buff them out of your floor with a handy Magic Eraser.
3. Accidentally swat a bug against your wall? Magic Erasers can get rid of that too.
4. Make your door hinges shine again by getting rid of any old, dry paint.
5. With as much time as our phones spend against our faces and in our pockets, it only makes sense that they’d get a little dirty. Power down your phone and scrub away!
6. They’re the only eraser you’ll ever need when it comes to cleaning old dry erase boards.
7. Price stickers leave behind annoying residue. Wipe it away once and for all with a Magic Eraser.
8. It’s just like the old saying goes: “Don’t cry over spilled nail polish …” Even if it’s dried, nail polish is no match for a Magic Eraser.
9. If your laptop is anything like mine, it’s pretty worn. Grease from our hands and crumbs from our food have a way of making our computers look old and gross. Grab a Magic Eraser and give them a deep clean.
10. This seems self-explanatory, but the magic eraser really shines in the bathroom.
11. That includes grout …
12. … toilet bowls …
13. … and mirrors.
14. Is your silver jewelry all tarnished? Make your most precious accessories sparkle like the day you got them.
15. Your white patio furniture will look great for summer with a quick scrub from the Magic Eraser.
16. They can make your hubcaps shinier than ever …
17. … clean up those old swimming pool steps …
18. … and breathe new life into your aluminum siding.
19. Finally, they can be used to clean every part of your sink, from faucet to drain!
Don’t forget to SHARE this useful advice with your friends and family!